Update on October 2019
- The State Council announced under decree no. Guofa  55 dated 2nd Oct 2015 "Opinion on the Negative List System for Market Entry" 国务院关于实行市场准入负面清单制度的意见 国发〔2015〕55号
- The decree Guofa  55 consists of negative list market entry for all types of investment and negative list market entry for foreign investment. It also specifically provides that a negative list for prohibited projects/industries and a negative list for restricted projects/industries for foreign investment. The above-mentioned decree shall take effect on some specified regions during the period from 1st December 2015 to 31st December 2017. The decree shall take effect nation-wide as from 1st January 2018.
- See the Chinese version at State Council website  and the diagram illustration of the Opinion. 
- See the "Negative List System for Market Entry 《市场准入负面清单（2019年版）》" jointly announced by the State Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Commerce on 24th Oct 2019 
Update on 16th March 2015
- It is reported by China Daily on 15 March 2015 that the guidelines for foreign direct investment are set to be published in April, which will focus on service and manufacturing sectors.
- According to Mr. Zhao, director-general of the Department of Foreign Economic Relations at the State Council's Development Research Center, said the move reflected a high level of openness and that the Chinese government is moving toward a management system based on negative lists, referring to the method of employing lists of only banned or restricted practices.
- The National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Commerce jointly issued a decree No. 22 on 10 March 2015, which states that the new Catalog for the Guidance of Industries for Foreign Investment has gained approval from the State Council, and will come into force from 10 April 2015.
More information is available at